Thursday, October 1, 2009

I´m a day behind on blogging, picked up my bike yesterday after walking from 1 to 7pm. Many hills, only missed the way markings once. Stayed in an Albergue in Obanos, only one other person there. A wonderful gentleman from Denmark. He was very encouraging, just what I needed. We walked together 2km today until i picked up my bike, haven´t seen him since. He is 70 and this is his 4th camino. Reminds me of Sean Connery.

The terrain is impossible. i walked my bike as much as road, steep inclines and decents, rocky, words don´t describe it. It didn´´t take long for me to decide to call the bike company and have them pick it up. A bar across from the Albergue will keep it for 3 days until it´s picked up, again, exactly what I need when I need it. So, I will be walking form here on out. I´am learning its not about reaching the destination, but enjoying the journey. Today was not so enjoyable, couldn´t look at the countryside for fear of ending up in a ditch. Haven´t decided if i´m walking on today or stopping.

Overlook my spelling etc, keyboards are a little different.

Until next time...

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment